In our societies, fertility is given a lot of importance. Our society uses fertility to judge the overall competence of a human being. Medicine has evolved from mysticism with the invention of scientific methods. With this evolution, several cases of infertility are made treatable with high success rate. However, several misconceptions are present in our society surrounding infertility.
Top Misconceptions Surrounding Infertility
- Infertility Occurs in Women Only
This is completely untrue. It is necessary that both the man and woman should undergo infertility tests. About 35% of the infertility cases occur in women, about 25%in males, about 20% is a combined problem of the couple while the 10% of the cases remain unexplained.
- Maybe you Two are doing Something Wrong
Infertility is not a sexual disorder, it is a medical condition.
- My Partner Might Leave me Because of our Infertility Problems
Most couples survive their infertility problems and in the process deepen their relationship.
- It’s all in your Head!
Infertility is a serious disease or disorder of the reproductive system.
- It takes time, you’ll get Pregnant if you’re Patient
Infertility is a reproductive disorder that can be treated by medical techniques. Around 50% of patients who complete their infertility treatments will respond with successful pregnancy. Those who do not get treatments have a cure rate of 5% after a year of infertility.
- I can’t be Infertile, I Already have a Baby
There is no guarantee that if you had a baby in the past, you can have the next baby. Any complication might have occurred making you infertile. This is called secondary infertility.
Facts about Male Infertility
- Male infertility is mainly caused due to low sperm count, or rarely a complete absence of sperms or sperm quality and shape. It can also be caused due to problems in the male reproductive system, infection or retrograde ejaculation.
- If you are trying to conceive, it is best to avoid wearing tight-fitting underwear because they tend to hold the testes closer, thereby reducing sperm production due to increase in temperature.
- It is best to avoid taking hot sauna baths because exposing your testes to high temperatures might affect the production and quality of sperms.
- Long term exposure to heavy metals may cause infertility.
- Avoid medications that cause male infertility.
Facts about Female Infertility
- Infertility is a sensitive issue and can occur in around 70% of the female population.
- Study says that having an exhaustive workout routine can decrease fertility.
- Women with type O blood group are twice as likely to have fertility issues.
- Vitamin D helps boost the level of progesterone and estrogen thereby increasing fertility.
- Consult your doctor and avoid medication that can cause female infertility.
Reasons to Choose Ponni Hospital for Treatment
- Considering the stigma about infertility and all sexual things in our society, at Ponni Hospital , we provide early treatment to help you deal with infertility.
- At Ponni Hospital , we provide the best medical help to help couples facing infertility problems.
- At Ponni Hospital , our main aim is to bring a smile on the patient’s face and we have been successful so far.